For Him and Us, le forum
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

un forum sur le rocker canadien Hawksley Workman

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Cdiscount : -30€ dès 300€ d’achat sur une sélection Apple
Voir le deal

Meat and Milk

2 participants
AuteurMessage
pix

pix

Meat and Milk Empty
MessageSujet: Meat and Milk   Meat and Milk EmptyMar 17 Nov - 9:05

patience ...

--
2010 is going to be an exciting year for Hawksley Workman, as he adds fresh material from not one but two new albums to his live repertoire for his biggest national Canadian tour to date.

From the compelling opening yodel found on his debut album, For Him and the Girls, to this very day, Hawksley Workman has refused to mark just one territory on Canada's musical landscape. Hawksley roams like a rogue force: unpredictable, dramatic, exuberant, and focused on the pursuit of a sound that is never static, but always highly identifiable.

Two new albums, numbering eleven and twelve in the Hawksley Workman catalogue, mark new terrain for this moving musical target. Entitled Meat and Milk respectively, the music traverses in great leaps and bounds the stylistic differences between tracks, while always keeping one foot firmly planted in Hawksley Workman territory.

The albums take you from bright, dance pop extravaganzas to dark, warring times where the battle is long over only the repeated and brutal refrain of heartbreak and defeat remains. Hawksley writes songs that have staying power, and now 12 albums into a career that has taken him from indie to major and back again, he is ready for another round. Meat hits the streets on January 19, 2010, while the songs from Milk will be released via a non-traditional digital strategy which will unleash singles from the album over a five-month period.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://www.indierockmag.com
pix

pix

Meat and Milk Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Meat and Milk   Meat and Milk EmptyMer 25 Nov - 3:04

We'll Make Time (Even When There Ain't No Time) , premier extrait de Meat en écoute sur le site officiel, c'est court mais ça fait du BIEN !

--
Here's what Hawksley says about the track:

"We'll Make Time (Even When There Ain't No Time)" started as a song written for a charity affiliated with Cartier out of France. I went to Guitar Centre on Sunset (as I often do when I land in LA) and bought the cheapest Spanish guitar they had...it also happened to be a very sexy, shiny black Spanish guitar. When I delivered the tune to Cartier, they said they didn't think it was appropriate. I was so glad, because I got it back for my own record. It was written in my friend Clif Norrell's garage studio in Malibu. We recorded the drums in his living room which has the most splendid view of the Pacific. It was a real eye opener watching the steady flow of container ships coming in full of stuff from China and South East Asia. I'm finding that my dedicated absorption of rap music is starting to find its way into my writing, you can hear it in the staccato melody here...this is an honest little song about relationships being a venue for pain and growth.
http://www.indierockmag.com
Samson

Meat and Milk Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Meat and Milk   Meat and Milk EmptyMar 1 Déc - 17:01

Merci Pix ! Pas eu le temps d'écouter pour l'instant, mais c'est sympa de venir ici nous tenir au courant !

A bientôt !

PS : Moz forever ! cheers
Samson

Meat and Milk Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Meat and Milk   Meat and Milk EmptyJeu 3 Déc - 17:56

2e extrait de Meat dispo en écoute sur le site officiel :

"The Ground We Stand On", the second song from MEAT, is now available. Download it from iTunes and/or stream it here. "
Contenu sponsorisé

Meat and Milk Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Meat and Milk   Meat and Milk Empty

Meat and Milk
Page 1 sur 1