For Him and Us, le forum
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

un forum sur le rocker canadien Hawksley Workman

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
-39%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Pack Home Cinéma Magnat Monitor : Ampli DENON AVR-X2800H, Enceinte ...
1190 € 1950 €
Voir le deal

Annonce news officielles

2 participants
AuteurMessage
pix

pix

Annonce news officielles Empty
MessageSujet: Annonce news officielles   Annonce news officielles EmptyLun 28 Aoû - 18:49

August 15, 2006

Hello everybody .... we hope the summer has been treating you well !! Hawksley has been very busy working on producer projects with various artists and playing the festival circuit ... ..... and he will be producing Jeremy Fisher's new album in the fall !! ......
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://www.indierockmag.com
Clau

Clau

MessageSujet: Re: Annonce news officielles   Annonce news officielles EmptyMer 30 Aoû - 8:49

a while back i unplugged. no phone, computer, newspaper, radio,
television. it was a bet with a friend. more a challenge. a challenge
that i could live without the fear and confusion of these distractions.
it does seem to be working. my reoccurring despair for the state of the
world seems to dissolve in my not contributing fear and anxiety to the
universe. not so much that ignorance is bliss... but that believing in
goodness and passion and humanity still seems to work wonders with a weary
heart. without my daily dose of medicine to stunt my spiritual outlook, i
create happiness and opportunity without much effort. just breathing...
this is what i always forget to do. my karate teacher, my opera coach, my
medicine woman... they all say the same thing. "you never breathe". so
many little steps to create a funny life. this summer was lovely for
music and friends and inspiration. every time i play a festival my faith
in our times is strengthened a little. they were wonderful and the
sharing between audiences and artists was beautiful to behold. i even got
to sing with my hero, bruce cockburn, in edmonton. the backstage of these
festivals is the other amazing thing... so many musicians, who are
normally all busy with their own lives and careers, backstage chit
chatting and connecting... very lovely. part of my stay sane regime has
been to be writing and making music as much as possible... i was in the
studio writing and producing alot through july... a short stint with
sarah slean, jully black, tyler hilton, and jeremy fisher, who i will
continue to work with on a new record in the autumn. he's a brilliant and
direct songwriter with a bright soul. he's also an avid cyclist... and
bicycles always do a good bit to restore my faith in humanity... we're
planning some bike trips between studio sessions. staying found is
tricky. i get lost and then found and certainly lost again... funny
movement. i guess the voice and the connection is my gravity. i truly
thank for the opportunity to communicate through music. through september
i will be playing shows with the wolves again... it'll be amazing to make
a loud noise after the starling tour. i don't believe much in borders...
but i did spend a good bit of time this year driving through canada...
most recently in the western provinces... and have been reminded what an
astonishing amount of beauty is contained within canada. i took the long
way this time and savoured every moment. i wouldn't say it makes me
proud... because it certainly isn't mine... but definitely i am blessed
to behold such a thing and to have my very essence be influenced by the
grand architecture and sky of such a vast and wandering land. i feel
autumn outside. i see a stack of firewood that needs to come inside. i
have been away from home for a long time... i missed my tiger lilies in
july. maybe next year. till then, my friends... may peace and wisdom be
yours. h.
Clau

Clau

MessageSujet: Re: Annonce news officielles   Annonce news officielles EmptyLun 29 Jan - 21:14

Jan 29, 2007 9:25 AM

i see possibilities.

the downy feathered chests of proud hawks sitting timeless in highway side trees. and this morning i was up so early. pissed outside under the stars. 5:30 am. i thought of winter ravens. that maybe they fly at night. imperceptibly. between the dots of bright galaxies. and the bats must be asleep through this. skied through the cold today. a pure blue connection from me to the beyond. the horses wore blankets in immaculate fields. there's a natural order to things. harmony is the only option. did aristotle say the birds flew under the ice in winter? i'm incredibly
positive these days. i see possibilities. i see hope. it's been a funny while in the music biz, i must admit. over the last year or so i've recorded a lot of music. my love and faith is restored every time i play live these days... but the studio is testing me... my patience, my faith. i feel the deck stacked against me... but i've never felt more focused and fresh... i made a record... finished it before christmas. somewhere between then and now it was shelved in favour of starting over again from scratch. the record felt like a lover i grew apart from... when it was finally completed we looked like strangers to each other. kiss... it's been lovely... i need to be alone. i've been working with my brilliant neighbour and friend andre wahl... he's a real clever kid
who, back in the autumn picked me up and dusted me off... so we're planning to start again for real this time... early march. as i said earlier... playing reminds me of the importance of connection... i feel blessed to be able to travel and play. the starling tour saved my life...again i thank all those who shared those nights with me... it was a massive reconnection with myself and the music. over the next while i'm going to play a few shows... get back in shape... i want my voice to soar (not a sore voice though) when i get back into the studio... so please i say... reach for what's positive... cherish love and peace...
seek it in heart and mind... i have such a wonderful feeling for the year. may wisdom be yours too.

h.

Clau, copier/coller
pix

pix

MessageSujet: Re: Annonce news officielles   Annonce news officielles EmptyMar 3 Avr - 12:37

rubber boots

i'm savouring these days. it’s manic. getting drunk on air. 3 robins in the field yesterday. i nearly cried. my grandma would call me to tell of her first sightings of spring. when thaw brings smells and all manner of deliciousness. starlings have begun building nests in my shed. right now, they stay close to home. they roll around like lovers in the muck. and oh the muck. last night before I slept i thought of a certain, beautiful immunity. about the luck and fortune of my rubber boots. about the instant, childlike joy of standing square in the middle of spring puddles. about being dry in the wet. warm in the cold. i walked through the bush sloshing through sleepy water. water just waking to the wonder of life again. water that had rested dormant as snow. water that was now finding it's responsibility. it's rhythm. some to evaporate as ghosts. some to bleed into ground. to nourish root endings and inspire buds. well what else to say?? i must say thanks for the last number of shows i've played, in europe, and in western canada most recently... and really the last long while. in a time when popular culture seems sick and useless, the warmth and honesty shared in playing concerts is most inspiring. really, truly. it reminds me of what is real and important. while the world chases its tail. the need for connection and poems and songs lives. the need for laughter and questions lives. the need for ideas and love and openness... lives! i have just finished building a new studio. it's
funny, but I like building new places to make records... it creates and anticipation. it feels as if i'm putting energy into something from the ground up creating the need for an important recording to take place. i will start to roll tape in about 2 weeks. till then, i got the roto tiller out last night, to make sure it's ready to turn soil. the old guy next door is boiling syrup. the lady down the way is teaching her horse to walk backwards. "be yourself whatever happens, in a time of the assassins". also... a very late thank you to the soupies for the collection of pictures, poems and thoughts you sent for christmas.
peace and wisdom... h.
pix

pix

MessageSujet: Re: Annonce news officielles   Annonce news officielles EmptyJeu 22 Nov - 22:32

well i wake to snow this morning. lovely. a white mist. i didn't see the autumn here. my body has been hither and scattered. cells catching resonance in airports in tokyo, berlin, london, paris, st. john's, halifax and toronto. i have my first cold in a long time. i remember the last visits from hummingbirds here. and the deer tracks in the garden where the last parsnip tops were munched away. the partridges are back in the trees. the trees are skeletons again. craggy and fingering toward the sky, they make the fatted pheasants look so conspicuous against the fading twilight. funny how the body is slow to arrive in new places. the eyes tell lies till the body begins to believe in every new surrounding. and even then the soul needs to believe in the permanence of a room and bed and angle of light brushing against a city skyline before it unfurls it's belongings. i really must glow about a day where mr. lonely and i rode rented bicycles from akasaka to asakusa. the loveliest, most respectful city streets i've ever pedaled over. long alleyways tethered together with bundles of cables held up by poles and knots. quiet and seemingly never ending. cats and temples hidden in the wrinkles of a rebuilt city. sometimes i feel lost. when i sing i feel found. it feels like so long. i'm so pleased to have a new record to share. i made this record in the spring of this year. while walking muddy bush trails and planting seeds in newly tilled garden beds. over the last couple of years i have recorded a number of records. this one speaks very clearly of a moment. a month of seeing snow melt away in warmer days. of wearing rubber boots to town to buy nuts and fish. of the familiar sense of new hope when the days get longer. of seeing rhubarb blossom and bright, green moss defy the last stubborn patches of crusty, granular snow. it's been a funny time lately. a time of great learning. and stumbling. of feeling strange polarities. knowing and wondering. living and forgetting. waking up with a tired soul and relearning that which i didn't know i had to cling to with such strength. even on a tiny planet it's amazing how often one can feel so far away from home. it always makes sense to look in the unlikely places. to listen carefully to the lulls. to save energy for discovering the little bursts of magic that happen in the wake of what's obvious. for those towering distractions, those glowing watersheds, those obvious, clanging epochs, happen in between what is truly beautiful. may we all serve the blessings of what is simple, fragile and delicate. that which lives in the echoes of trumpet blasts that leave seaward on the wind. let us believe in rest for weary souls. and time to mend and nurture love.

warmest and sincere wishes. h.
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Annonce news officielles   Annonce news officielles Empty

Annonce news officielles
Page 1 sur 1